Sunday, August 23, 2015

Getting on Track

 We have recently changed everything about the way our family lives. We started with small things, like shopping, if you don't buy junk you can't eat it, right? By junk I do mean obvious junk but also all the hidden junk that looks like it should be healthy. *diet food* We did eat what we had left in the house despite what all the books said. We didn't throw away all our food and start over, we gradually transitioned to better shopping habits which lead to better eating habits. Doing this didn't shock our systems so badly and it didn't make feel like we went on a "diet." Now we see how much better we feel...it's hard to stop! Even our 3 year old likes salad now and asks for celery instead of chips.
 With my husband working only as a call in at the post office and me being out of work, things are tight and we thought that it would cost too much to buy the fresh produce and meats...it doesn't cost more...it's actually costing less. The fresh foods keep us full longer so we don't graze as much as we did before and it is heavier because of it's water content so our stomachs have shrank.
It isn't as convenient to grab fresh foods to graze on because some of them take time to prepare and store so we are more conscious of it and waste less. Since they don't keep on the shelf for extended periods of time we go to the store more often and that helps with not getting stuck in the same old same old rut.
I don't have to make a huge shopping list, there are just so many things that we just don't need to worry about forgetting...we aren't eating bread or pasta due to some wheat sensitivities that we have discovered that we didn't know we all had so we don't use near the amount of ketchup/mustard/mayo that we once did, we do buy more salad dressing so we can have a variety but we can just pick out what we are in the mood for when we go to the store instead of having to "remember to get the ketchup or else the next family dinner would surely be a failure." We also don't have to remember to get all the ingredient's for recipes unless we just really want something special. What we have is what we eat and when it is almost gone, we go get more. It sounds so simple as I type it out, but, before we changed to buying fresh foods, I would scour through all of the sales bills and coupons, making list after list of what was on sale at what store and make sure we got every item we needed for the recipes we wanted to have that week or I would buy what was on sale and try to come up with meals from that...but a person can only eat so much hamburger helper...the hamburger isn't what needs help...I'm just sayin'.
Oh the room...the storage room I have in the pantry now...it is wonderful! No more dusty boxes of just in case macaroni and no more odds and ends of crackers and bread loaves shoved between the mystery cans that lost their labels...ahh...this is freedom. A deep freezer for the "yay it's on sale lets buy five" packs of meat, a fruit bowl, and a nicely stocked refrigerator full of all things salad and vegetable related.
No more packing soda, no more hoping the bread doesn't get squished, no more potato chip bags crinkling, no more feeling guilty for feeding the kids junk... no more worrying about portion control since it sort of takes care of it's self.
Some of the other things we have changed just came naturally, less packaging means less trash, more fresh produce scraps means less food to buy for the rabbit and guinea pig, being more active ... so on and so forth.
So after looking for something that I could do from home for work (I have a lot of health issues that keep me indoors most days) I was introduced to Plexus by a friend of mine, I was a skeptic, and I didn't think much of it, but she sent me a sample and I did some research, then I signed up to become an Ambassador without even really being able to try the products because I just knew this is what I had been looking for. Something that will help our health and it could help with out bills?! Seriously?! After starting as an ambassador I found a way to buy our first set of products and now my husband who has type 2 diabetes and is generally a couch potato because his sugars kept him feeling sluggish, is out walking with the kids as we speak! I feel so much better that I am able to get up and do the housework and it's not just that I can...it's that I want to! If your want to is broken...there is no amount of willpower that will help you...and I think you would be hard pressed to find any prescription medications that would help you with it either. Stimulants just make you do it, Plexus makes you want to. I have a long way to go, and I don't think I started where I was supposed to, but at least I started and I am getting somewhere. So can you.

py.myplexusproducts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pyplexus

No comments:

Post a Comment